Thursday, October 15, 2015

Review: Black Ice


Love can be as dangerous as black ice. One false illusion that everything is safe and boom, next thing you know, you can't even remember who you are anymore. 

David lost his virginity to Kris, a loner who refuses to see him as anything other than a friend with benefits. He tries courting her with dates, including a weekend at a chalet, but Kris remains unmoved. So David turns to his pals, booze and drugs (just like after his parents divorce) and sets forward some crazy set of events. Can he rescue Kris from her haunting past? Is he willing to kill for her?

Author Stephen Tesher twisted this new-adult contemporary novel into a thriller about a love gone wrong. Although, it was impossible to identify with David's rising anger or some turns of events, the dialogue kept the story flowing. It was realistic; harsh at times when David and his friends talked about girls. 

I'm glad the author ended the story with a lesson. Not all relationships can have fairy tale endings.


3 comments:

  1. This book review really intrigued me. I think I'm going to read it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book review really intrigued me. I think I'm going to read it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete