Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: Clockwork Prince


The Infernal Devices series maintains its gripping nature through Clockwork Prince.

This time the London institute, which took in Tessa after her brother Nate tried to sacrifice her, is under investigation. It appears Mortmain and the Magister are behind their troubles, forcing the gang to go after them before they loose their home.

Sure, the gang travels and searches for Mortmain in unthinkable places, but it is the love triangle plot behind Will, Tessa, and Jem that gives us the best diversion. Will's past reveals itself despite his attempt at keeping it hidden, making us see that maybe we judged him too soon. Perhaps Will is the best choice for Tessa after all?

Also, a few new characters are introduced, including the humorous Bridget Daly who enjoys singing mournful songs while cooking.

If you are looking for a book that packs action, romance, and a dash of steampunk, make sure to give Clockwork Prince a shot.

8 comments:

  1. I *love* series. I will be honest and say that I didn't like Will all that much but this book dramatically changed my opinion of him. I still on Team Jem but I love Will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone would be lucky to find a Jem in the their life.

      Delete
  2. As soon as I finish the 20 books I have on Kindle, I am reading this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, queue it up! It's charming to read a book in the Victorian Era :)

      Delete
  3. Even though Will's past is revealed, I still didn't like him for some reason, lol (I recently read it last month :3). But I did like it better than its predecessor and hopefully I'll be reading Clockwork Princess soon ^_^

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I keep postponing reading book three, prolonging the inevitable :p

      Delete
  4. even though will's past is revealed,http://www.replicajerseysoccer.com/

    ReplyDelete