Monday, July 1, 2013

Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth


A ''don't go into the woods'' warning, has a huge impact when you happen to live right next them. Forget building a tree house, or going to the ocean. Forget freedom.

The Unconsegrated, flesh eating zombies, have surrounded the village for years. The Sisterhood took over, making sure that no one leaves the walls and follow a strict married with children lifestyle to keep the village going. But all that power equals secrets -- and now that Mary knows, she has the responsibility to tell the others. 

Ryan's writing grips the reader from the first line and doesn't let go until the cruel end. Like most Zombie books, where they come from, isn't discussed. The important thing is, that instead of bombarding us with nonstop-action narration, Carrie Ryan gives us: suspense, family tragedies, self-discovery and romance. A love quadrangle that will separate readers into Team Harry vs Team Travis. 

And now, for my own warning: don't read this at night.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh nice review! Short, but to the point! Have this in my TBR pile and now I am more anxious to read it! *Of course I say that about all the books in my TBR pile, but each review I read of each TBR book just refreshens my desire to read it! Still, great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did a number on me, that's for sure. I couldn't sleep without knowing how it ended o_O

      Delete
  2. I juuuust bought this one! And I intend to read it tonight :D I'm never scared of books, but it's zombies, after all. Now I'm twice as excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this book!! I really need to pick it up!! Nice review and I will take your warning to heart!

    ReplyDelete