Sunday, April 14, 2013

Review: Shades of Earth


This is the last book of the Across the Universe trilogy and it did not disappoint. Elder and Amy finally get off the spaceship Godspeed  and begin their quest on Centauri-Earth. Not only are our beloved characters attacked in the first scene, but the first thing Amy does when they touch ground is run into the ship and wake up all the frozen passengers from Earth. Couldn't she wait five minutes??

You can imagine their reaction to Elder being the leader. I can't say I blame them, specially since Elder hasn't been in charge for long. And if this duality isn't enough to keep us on the edge of our seats, there is a third group that wants to control the planet. They are not alone.

I really felt for Elder in this one. He is so brave and ready to lead his people -- ready to make Amy proud. Beth Revis put so many obstacles in his way. Here's hoping she comes up with another trilogy as gripping as this one. If you haven't all ready, make sure you read book one, Across the Universe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the ending! I for one liked it too but was hindered by the sadness I felt in all the people that had to die ;(

    New GFC Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Too bad not everyone can have a happy ending :(

      Delete